Cover Letter & Selection Criteria
Not understanding the importance of selection criteria and how to respond is one of the biggest barriers for people securing employment in the public sector. Local, State and Federal government along with their agencies, use selection criteria to compare the relative merit of each applicant. The Australian Public Service (APS) along with other government bodies, use selection criteria and pitches as a tool to assess an applicants capability to perform successfully in a role. They help determine the best person for the job by providing a consistent tool to measure applicants against the role requirements competency requirements so the way you answer criteria can impact on whether you are shortlisted for an interview or not.
Cover letters are as important to the job application as your resume or CV itself. However, they often get overlooked or rushed when completing an application. This is a huge mistake. The cover letter is your chance to set yourself aside, show your personality and highlight your skills and experience to show how they will directly benefit the hiring company. Take advantage of our professional cover letter writing service and let our cover letter writers help maximise your chances of getting through to the interview stage.
Our cover letter writing and selection criteria service includes:
- 1-page cover letter addressing the key requirements of the job
- 2 page selection criteria document detailing your suitability for the position
- Conducting research on the employer and position prior to writing
- Study of the industry you are applying in
- Written in an engaging style using targeted keywords applicable to the position
- 48-hour turnaround as standard on all orders
- Guaranteed to pass ATS algorithms for targeted positions
- An assigned professional writer that you can contact directly anytime